October 21, 2013
First and foremost, confession...I literally just put on my "inspiration tunes" playlist so I could write this blog post.

Ok, now that we're over that...

Lately I've been in a bit of a slump. Well, it's weird... I am having such a heightened level of inspiration lately, so much in fact that I can't focus on anything. I want to do this, and that, and then THIS...

It's been centered mostly around my new apartment. I've seriously moved THREE times this year. Only crazy people do that. All this moving though has had me feeling very unsettled lately. I just want to be settled already. I want to come home and not have a box that I have to unpack from my first move. I want the curtains up. I want a fruit bowl that's actually used. And don't even get me started on the artwork I have leaning against the wall just waiting to be hung up. (They're currently gathering a layer of dust...and not all too happy about it.)


I love how "settled in" this living room feels. Maybe it's because the books aren't perfectly staged. And the pillows are all smushed and not in that "karate chop" way which is actually a pet peeve of mine. I also really dig this grey couch. The color mostly. I'm shopping for a grey couch right now to replace my French settee which is featured here.


More than anything else, this living room inspired me the most. I have my own things I'd change, but the combination of minimal, streamlined mid-century inspired furniture, and mix of textiles makes me wish this were my living room. Or rather my "right now" living room, as I know in about 3 months time, I'll tire of my current settings and want to change everything again.


I've also been really into baskets lately! (Ahh I'm turning into my Mom!) Also succulents. Wait, I've always been into those. I'm a little confused as to why there's a butter knife on that succulent, but hey...not judging.


I normally wouldn't be into this room. It's a little too dark for my personal taste, but something about all the details resonated with my current state of interior design inspiration. For some reason this bedroom inspired me to buy a large Kevin Russ print for my bedroom.

What sort of rooms have been inspiring you lately?

Ooo...and all these images (plus literally hundreds of others) are from my Interior Design boards on Pinterest! I have a board for bedrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, and outdoor spaces!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, thank you for the introduction to Kevin Russ' photography. I have been to many of the places he's photographed, but certainly have never captured an image in that way. He's brilliant. It looks like he's using a medium or large format camera. Which photo did you buy?

    I know how you feel about being too inspired to focus. I constantly want to re-decorate my curent home, but refrain, because I actually want a whole new home (either in a better area of Long Beach or out in the country, maybe in Mississippi). And then I recently started renting a work studio which needs to be decorated, but I haven't found any pieces that really move me. But I'm working on just being content with the disarray and disorganization of now because it's doubtful I'll ever feel "settled in." Have fun decorating your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this home is really lovely. I know how you feel about being so inspired that you can't focus. Hope it all settles out for you!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee