February 21, 2012
The weekend was really crazy, I still feel like I need just another day of sleep. But, I'm a workaholic who happens to really love both the things I do, so, no rest for this little busy bee. I've been feeling a bit under the weather and perhaps that's because mornings in LA are 45F and by mid afternoon it's 75F and the constant weather shifts really creates havoc with my immune system.

A Vintage Outfit Post: Monday Frumpday A Vintage Outfit Post: Monday Frumpday

I've taken to wearing different layers when the weather is like this. Just never know if I'm going to be freezing or burning up. I have quite a few long maxi skirts I've thrifted that I turn to when I'm feeling the frumps. Add a baggy slouchy sweater and a vintage hat to hide "I couldn't be bothered" ponytail...and ta-da!

I went straight to the studio last night and got to mending some dresses. I really wish I was faster at this stuff, but it took me an hour just to mend three little things. I hand stitch of course because you just can't machine sew small seam repairs, I just wish I were faster! But, anyhow, it's so nice hanging out in my little place. I got take-out curry, put Pandora on "GLEE" station, and just mended, steamed, and prepped new vintage for the shop this weekend humming all the while.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I purchased a new addition for the atelier! I was going to get one of these vintage beauties from the prettiest antique mall ever, but we had stopped by the Long Beach Flea Market and I spotted this totally rad industrial lockers from a workshop...so not school lockers... but this big rust brown lockers with three big doors and lots of little shelves inside (perfect for supplies!) and little drawers painted in a lovely seafoam green. I was guarding it since so many people kept inquiring about it. "No, please don't buy it, I'm waiting for a nod of approval from mon chou!" But, yay, I got it! And for such a steal too! I'll post photos once it's safe and sound in my atelier. It's kind of a cumbersome piece, so we couldn't exactly just take it and go.

10 comments:

  1. love the print on that skirt! can spot it as vintage right away.
    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this skirt, almost parted with it, so glad I didn't!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit and can't wait to see more of the new digs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to be able to photograph the new place too, it's just everything still kind of pushed against the wall and I'm still moving stuff from my apartment to the work studio. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
  3. just b e a u t i f u l (you are)
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit...I especially love the hat!
    I know exactly what you mean about this LA weather lately...in the morning I'm layered up like a mummy, with my space heater on, and by the afternoon I'm "glowing". I guess we shouldn't complain too much, we could be in Milwaukee or Fargo or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress look so stylist and colorful.It amazing.I really like this dress.Color also good looking.Black hat really increase beauty in this dress.


    men suit

    ReplyDelete
  6. obsessed with that skirt!!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are truly very well written,precise and to the point.I have been a regular visitor of this site.Thanks for this.

    Vintage Clothing & Christian Clothing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee